Looking to improve or restore your smile, let our professional doctors at Matyas & Matyas handle your cosmetic dentistry at our New London, CT location. Dr. Thomas Matyas, Dr. Janellen Matyas, and Dr. Teresa Matyas will give you the most comfortable yet expert cosmetic procedure that will restore your confidence.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Any dental work that enhances the appearance of gum, teeth, and bites falls under cosmetic dental procedures. It generally focuses on improving the color, positioning, form, size, spacing, and general look of the teeth.
Types of Cosmetic Procedures
Cosmetic Dental procedures may include the following methods:
- Adding dental materials to the gum or teeth through gum grafts, crowns, porcelain veneers, and bonding
- Bleaching, laser whitening, and gum depigmentation
- Straightening of teeth
In one clinic appointment, our doctors at Matyas & Matyas can complete teeth contouring and bonding when you come in for cosmetic dentistry at our New London, CT location.
- Whitening- The most frequent cosmetic procedure is whitening, sometimes known as "tooth bleaching" Whitening is a safe and effective procedure for most patients.
- Reshaping - Our doctors perform reshaping, which involves removing portions of the enamel to improve the tooth's look. It can fix crooked or abnormally long teeth, as well as change the length, shape, or position of teeth when there is a tooth size mismatch.
- Bonding - Bonding is a procedure in which an enamel-like dental composite material is color-matched, placed to the tooth's surface, molded into the correct contour, hardened, and polished.
- Bridging - Bridges are dental prosthetics used to repair one or more lost teeth. Most bridges are permanent as our doctors build them to last by connecting them with the nearest teeth to the missing teeth spaces.
- Veneers - Veneers are custom-made, ultra-thin porcelain laminates glued to the teeth directly.
- Implants - Dental implants are artificial teeth used to replace lost teeth. The International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI) says an implant consists of three parts: the implant device put into the bone, the abutment, and a dental crown or denture attached to the implant via the abutment.
- Gum Lifting - The gum line is raised and sculpted during a gum lift to generate the illusion of longer or more symmetrical teeth is the goal of this operation.
- Straightening - Metal braces typically straighten teeth that are crowded or crooked. While the primary goal is to rectify concerns like jaw alignment, they can also improve appearance.
- Bite Reclaiming - Client sometimes has years added to their teeth because of acid reflux and even scraping or grinding. They can benefit from bite reclamation. Once this procedure happens, you'll be able to bite the typical way and enjoy meals how you're supposed to.
Would you like to learn more about our Cosmetic Dentistry, New London, CT? At Matyas & Matyas, our doctors are members of the American Dental Association and can help you resolve your dental issues. Call us right now at (860) 443-4199.
|Monday:||8:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||8:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday:||8:00 AM - 2:00 PM|