When you have a large family, ensuring that each member gets proper dental care each year can be complicated. The best thing to do is choose one dentist who can treat the whole family—that includes young toddlers and seasoned seniors. Having one dentist will make it much easier for you to keep up with regular checkups for everyone so that your family can maintain a legacy of good dental hygiene. You’ll find a trusted, reliable family dentist with Dr. Thomas Matyas at Matyas & Matyas in New London, CT.
Regular Dental Visits for the Whole Family
The American Dental Association recommends twice-yearly dental appointments for professional cleanings and checkups. When you have a large family, it’s best to schedule those appointments around the same time and at the same place. Pick months that will likely be most convenient for your schedule and that of your children. For instance, the summertime is usually a good time for kids, and the few weeks before the holidays may also be most convenient.
What Your Family Dentist Can Do
A family dentist can offer you more than just clean teeth. Besides professional cleanings, here are a few other treatments available:
- Crowns, veneers, and inlays for restorative and cosmetic improvements.
- Root canal treatments for cavities.
- Fluoride treatment.
Benefits of One Dentist
It’s a blessing to have one dentist that you can trust for all of your family's dental needs. Here are a few specific benefits to think about:
- Your children have a better chance of becoming comfortable with going to the dentist, as they get familiar with one provider over the years.
- In some cases, you can schedule joint or family appointments.
- After just one call, you can get everyone scheduled in for bi-yearly visits.
Your "One and Only" Dentist
Dr. Matyas at Matyas & Matyas in New London, CT, is a family dentist who is committed to caring for the entire family. Find out why you should choose them to be your “one and only.” Call (860) 443-4199 today to schedule an appointment.
If you've got tooth features that you dislike, you're not alone. From chipped to discolored teeth, there are lots of teeth features that your dentist, Dr. Thomas Matyas, Dr. Janellen Matyas, and Dr. Teresa Matyas of Matyas & Matyas, can help you improve with dental crowns in New London, CT.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are tooth-shaped dental restorations that fit over your target tooth like a hat. You can get dental crowns to restore damaged teeth or to correct cosmetic dental problems. Your dentist crafts your dental crowns from durable ceramic, zirconia, porcelain fused to metal, or composite resin material so that they look as natural as possible.
You won't have to worry about your dental crown blending in with your remaining teeth because your dentist uses your teeth mold in creating them. They will also match your dental crowns to your natural teeth color for a seamless fit. You can get dental crowns to correct the following:
- Teeth discoloration
- Broken tooth
- Chipped tooth
- Missing tooth
The Advantages Of Dental Crowns
If you're thinking of getting dental crowns in New London, CT, these advantages are vital to note.
- They Look Natural - Customizing the shape, size, and color of your dental crowns makes them look so natural that no one can spot the difference.
- Brighten Teeth - Dental crown can help brighten your smile by covering up discolored teeth.
- They Are Durable - Dental crowns can serve you for up to 10 - 30 years.
- Replace Missing Tooth - Dental crowns as part of dental implants or dental bridges can help replace your missing tooth.
- Support Damaged Tooth - Damaged teeth such as broken or cracked teeth can undergo restoration with dental crowns.
- Root Canal Treatment - Dental crowns offer dental restoration to keep the tooth strong after a root canal treatment.
If you're looking to get dental crowns in New London, CT, discuss your options with your dentists at Matyas & Matyas. Call (860) 443-4199 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Thomas Matyas, Dr. Janellen Matyas, and Dr. Teresa Matyas.
Looking to improve or restore your smile, let our professional doctors at Matyas & Matyas handle your cosmetic dentistry at our New London, CT location. Dr. Thomas Matyas, Dr. Janellen Matyas, and Dr. Teresa Matyas will give you the most comfortable yet expert cosmetic procedure that will restore your confidence.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Any dental work that enhances the appearance of gum, teeth, and bites falls under cosmetic dental procedures. It generally focuses on improving the color, positioning, form, size, spacing, and general look of the teeth.
Types of Cosmetic Procedures
Cosmetic Dental procedures may include the following methods:
- Adding dental materials to the gum or teeth through gum grafts, crowns, porcelain veneers, and bonding
- Bleaching, laser whitening, and gum depigmentation
- Straightening of teeth
In one clinic appointment, our doctors at Matyas & Matyas can complete teeth contouring and bonding when you come in for cosmetic dentistry at our New London, CT location.
- Whitening- The most frequent cosmetic procedure is whitening, sometimes known as "tooth bleaching" Whitening is a safe and effective procedure for most patients.
- Reshaping - Our doctors perform reshaping, which involves removing portions of the enamel to improve the tooth's look. It can fix crooked or abnormally long teeth, as well as change the length, shape, or position of teeth when there is a tooth size mismatch.
- Bonding - Bonding is a procedure in which an enamel-like dental composite material is color-matched, placed to the tooth's surface, molded into the correct contour, hardened, and polished.
- Bridging - Bridges are dental prosthetics used to repair one or more lost teeth. Most bridges are permanent as our doctors build them to last by connecting them with the nearest teeth to the missing teeth spaces.
- Veneers - Veneers are custom-made, ultra-thin porcelain laminates glued to the teeth directly.
- Implants - Dental implants are artificial teeth used to replace lost teeth. The International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI) says an implant consists of three parts: the implant device put into the bone, the abutment, and a dental crown or denture attached to the implant via the abutment.
- Gum Lifting - The gum line is raised and sculpted during a gum lift to generate the illusion of longer or more symmetrical teeth is the goal of this operation.
- Straightening - Metal braces typically straighten teeth that are crowded or crooked. While the primary goal is to rectify concerns like jaw alignment, they can also improve appearance.
- Bite Reclaiming - Client sometimes has years added to their teeth because of acid reflux and even scraping or grinding. They can benefit from bite reclamation. Once this procedure happens, you'll be able to bite the typical way and enjoy meals how you're supposed to.
Would you like to learn more about our Cosmetic Dentistry, New London, CT? At Matyas & Matyas, our doctors are members of the American Dental Association and can help you resolve your dental issues. Call us right now at (860) 443-4199.
Dental implants could be right for you if you are ready to restore your smile following tooth loss or extraction. Dental implants are a long-term solution for securely replacing missing teeth. Dr. Thomas Matyas, Dr. Janellen Gold Matyas, and Dr. Teresa Matyas, the skilled dentists at Matyas & Matyas in New London, CT, place dental implants and can determine if you are a candidate for this tooth-replacement option.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants function similarly to the roots of teeth by anchoring replacement teeth in place. They can be used to secure crowns, bridges, or implant-supported dentures, making dental implants extremely versatile. Whether you need to replace a single tooth or several teeth, dental implants are an excellent method for restoring your smile.
Dental implants are small metal posts made from titanium, a hypoallergenic and biocompatible metal. They are inserted directly into the jawbone and naturally bond with the bone tissue over time. This is why dental implants are such a secure method for restoring your smile. Since dental implants become permanently fused with the bone, tooth restorations will not come loose or shift out of place.
Candidates for Dental Implants
Dental implants are an exciting tooth-replacement solution but are not necessarily right for everyone. Since dental implants are inserted directly into the jawbone, it is essential to have enough bone tissue to support them. Unfortunately, bone loss is a common side effect of tooth loss as the body naturally reabsorbs bone tissue that is no longer supporting teeth. The experienced dentists at our office in New London, CT, can determine if dental implants are an option for you.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are numerous benefits to enjoy with dental implants. Not only do they restore beauty and function to your smile, but they also reduce many of the unwanted side effects that accompany tooth loss. Some primary benefits of dental implants include:
- Restoring your smile by replacing missing teeth
- Restoring biting and chewing functions
- Eliminating excess strain on remaining teeth that were compensating for missing ones
- Preventing teeth from shifting out of place by filling in the gaps caused by tooth loss
- Reducing facial drooping and sagging by providing support for facial muscles
- Preventing the body from reabsorbing bone tissue
- Improving speech affected by gaps in the smile
Dental implants could be the right tooth-replacement solution for you. Our dental team can determine if you are a candidate. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Matyas, Dr. Gold Matyas, and Dr. Matyas to learn more about restoring your smile with dental implants by calling Matyas & Matyas in New London, CT, at (860) 443-4199.
Dr. Thomas Matyas and Dr. Janellen Gold Matyas place dental crowns for patients in New London, CT, to save their smiles! If you are missing teeth or have a compromised tooth, dental crowns can transform your smile. Ceramic crowns are designed to be as strong as and blend in with your natural teeth. They can also be used in conjunction with dental implants to completely replace a missing tooth.
Crowns are custom ceramic restorations made for you and will blend in perfectly with your natural teeth to complete your smile. Dental crowns can replace teeth that have been compromised by decay or trauma. Crowns fit over the tooth like a cap, replacing the tooth and filling the gap in your smile. They can also be added to a weak or damaged tooth to strengthen it like in the case of a root canal.
Getting a crown
Getting a new dental crown is a process that takes a couple of appointments but leaves you with a strong tooth replacement. First, any decay is drilled away from the compromised tooth. When all the decay is gone the remaining tooth is sculpted so the crown can fit over it. For a chipped tooth, the remaining tooth is sculpted down to make room for the new crown. Impressions of your newly prepared teeth will be taken to ensure a perfect fit when your custom restoration is fabricated. You may wear a temporary tooth cap while your custom crown is being made, and the permanent crown is cemented into place at a final appointment.
If the crown is being used in conjunction with an implant to replace a tooth, the implant is placed first and you heal for a period of weeks with a temporary tooth cap before your permanent crown is placed.
Caring for your crown
When you have a dental crown, your oral hygiene routine is important to keep your mouth healthy. Your New London, CT, dentists will recommend brushing for two minutes twice a day and flossing at least once a day. Be sure to floss in the area of the crown and remove all debris from around the restoration.
If you have a tooth that has been compromised, or if you are missing a tooth, Dr. Matyas and Dr. Gold Matyas can help with dental crowns and implants. Contact us for an appointment in New London, CT, at (860) 443-4199.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
|Monday:||8:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||8:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday:||8:00 AM - 2:00 PM|